A lot of people asking “How do I mix terrashield up for bug spray?”. If you want to learn, you are on the right spot. Bugs can come in full force during summer and it could be extremely irritating if you don’t do anything to stop them. What’s the way then? Bug spray!
Normal sprays that are found in the market, most of them contain heavy chemicals that are good for the work but harmful for humans. They contain some rough chemicals that are even bad for the skins, so you better stay off those.
Why should you take such risk when you can make a safe spray for the bugs at home easily? Below I have designed an in-depth guide on how to mix doTerra terrashield, terrashield uses, and benefits, terrashield copycat recipe and if you are new, I am also going to tell you what does terrashield smell like.
This is going to be a pretty in-depth guide, so sit tight and get started!
How Do I Mix Terrashield Up for Bug Spray?
Before we get started with mixing dottera terrashield, let me clear something out! There are different types of bug and terrashield works most of them, there are still some bug species that can get along with this chemical. However, the good news is, common bugs like the mosquito, ants, cockroaches, fruit flies, etc. can be prevented with dotterra terrashield.
So here I am going to show three terrashield copycat recipes that you can easily make with a bunch of ingredients.
General Spray for All Bugs
This is a spray recipe with which you get rid of most kinds of bugs. For this, you will be needing the following ingredients.
- A PETE ½ grade spray bottle (8-ounce size).
- Distilled of boiled water.
- Witch Hazel, ½ c.
- Terrashield Drop.
An ideal terrashield blend would be a mixture of some effective ingredients which are skimmia laureola, catnip plant, amyris bark, African sandalwood, wild orange peel, citronella, eucalyptus stem, Hawaiian, genet absolute, rose flower, sandalwood, cabrueva balsam, and cedarwood essential oil.
The process is way too simple, just mix everything together and then put into the spray bottle. Your bug spray is ready. Apply it on the body before going out. But be very careful when using on the face, the repellent shouldn’t go inside your eyes, that is risky. Worried about the smell? Don’t! The smell is way good and you will be comfortable. At least, way too better than the sprays you get from markets.
Mosquito is an extremely common bug and there are several ways to get rid of them. One of them is essential oils. A combination of any of the essential oil with witch hazel and water can make an effective mosquito spray. And since Terrashield consists of a lot of essential oils, they are going to work great. Below, I am giving you a list of oils that is effective for mosquito prevention.
- Cedarwood oils.
- Citronella oil.
- Orange peel oil.
- Peppermint oil.
- Lavender oil.
- Eucalyptus oil.
- Melaleuca oil.
- Terrashield oil.
I prefer using Terrshield oil since that works best. Plus, I use some other oils as well. By adding some oils with terrashield you should get a strong smell but the smell would be good. However, below is the recipe that I have found to be very effective. Have a look!
- Witch hazel or vodka ¼ cup.
- Water ¼ cup.
- Terrashield 20-drops.
- Cedarwood oil 5-drops.
- Orange oil 5-drops.
- Levender oil 5-drops.
- Peppermint oil 5-drops.
The amount given above is based on the water and witch hazel amount. If those increases, the oil amount will also increase. However, now mix up all the ingredients nicely and then pour it into the spray bottle. Your mosquito spray is ready! And don’t forget to help those who are asking “how do I mix terrashield up for bug spray?”
Terrashield Uses and Benefits
Terrashield has a lot of uses and benefits. Below I have discussed most of them, take a quick look! Also you can learn how do I mix Terrashield up for bug spray.
- Terrashield works pretty effectively against outdoor threats which is why most of the people prefer using this. This chemical consist of Cedarwood, arborvitae, and catnip essential oil, these oils has a lot of outdoor bug repellent properties that prevents most kind of bugs. So, anyone who is looking for a natural barrier to outdoor or indoor (in some cases) bugs, terrashield would be an excellent choice.
- I have said before and saying again, sprays that you get from the market most of the time contain rough chemicals which can be very dangerous for the skin but terra shield is completely safe and it is completely organic.
- Since terrashield sprays are completely safe, you won’t have to worry about your kids when they are playing outside. Just apply the spray you made with terrashield in their body, but make sure the spray doesn’t get into the eyes, it can be harmful to eyes.
- When you have a guest coming into your backyard barbecue party and you don’t want it to be ruined by bugs, you can put a few drops of terrashield on the diffuser and then diffuse. You will enjoy the barbecue with no interruption of irritating bugs.
- Not only outdoor, terrashield can help you inside the house as well. Use the terrashield oil blend around the doors and windows of your home and you can expect to be safe from bed bugs. Plus, you can do the same on camping as well. Put a few drops of the solution around the door.
You wanted to know how do I mix terrashield up for bug spray? Here it is, the complete guide. This has been efficient and pretty effective. There is something more I want to tell, pregnant women should be away from such or any other chemical sprays, it could be harmful to them.